1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Whats the name of your band?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jaysun, Apr 12, 2006.

1. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    USA
    Umm, have you read his prison/arrest record? Give it a looksie.

2. Our band name is Blight Savior...

I don't think it means anything, but it sounds cool :bassist:

3. We have writers block. I want Better Bad Luck, but my guitarist dosen't dig it. Possibly Backwards Travellers.

4. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Like my sig says: HIATUS is the name of the band I'm in. It didn't have much of a meaning when we started, just liked the sound of it. But oddly enough we have grown into. The joke is that our name is Hiatus, because it's always several weeks (sometimes months) between our practices since we all have differing scheduals. But thankfully summer is coming up and we can practice quite a bit more.

We're rock/alt. rock

5. Thunder Lizard

Thunder Lizard

Dec 7, 2005
    Lethbridge, AB
    Canadian Distributor, Basson Sound Equipment
    The Passion Lizards.........from a hungover brainflash in the morning drivethru.... but the band's toast as of a couple months ago...lasted like 19 years, tho.
    Now we're called "bassist and drummer looking to form classic / blues rock band, call........."

6. We are Semperfis. We came up with it when the lead guitarist was about to quit the band. We all said: this guy doesn't care about the band, and we can't afford to lose anyone else, so we made a promise to be always faithful to the band. Semper Fidelis means "always" faithful" in Latin; it is often shortened to Semper-Fi. So we changed it to Semperfis. It's a wicked name, some people like it, some people don't...
    Anyway check us out at http://semperfis.tk

[​IMG]
    The shark is what gets you if you're not faithful!

7. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Terrible band name...GREAT instrumental title.

I also have a couple of others that could sort of be thought of as band names. or project names, or band/project names. You decide.

When I record stuff on my own and Iwant to keep it safe, less likely to be stolen if my truck is broken into, I put a title and band name on it. But I put it so you can't tell which is the title and which is the band.

It is generally either Meanwhile, Elsewhere by Cause & Defect or Cause & Defect by Meanwhile, Elsewhere.

A friend who used to sing for a couple of local bands moved down to San Antonio and became an accupuncturist. He eventually built up a decent home studio. I went to visit him as he was trying to get it all together to start recording.

We recorded several of our old originals, five of his, seven or eight of mine. I played all the guitar and bass. He played keys and drums. We both sang. He kept the files to practice 'tweaking' things in ProTools. He punched in a female vocalist, some sax, a cello on one piece...until he got them the way he liked them. Then he worked on printing the covers and contents.

To make it extra funny the 'band photo' on the cover not only is not the two of us, it is five people chosen randomly at the mall. They didn't even know each other.

So my bass parts and vocals are credited to Mohammed Chang. I can't remember who he put down for the guitar parts.

And, even better, he sold a couple of dozen to a used CD store. He told them he used to manahe a band and the singer died. The bought them. So somewhere out there is me as Mohammed Chang on Meanwhile, Elsewhere by Cause & Defect or vice versa.

8. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Dude, if you're not a marine, calling yourself SemperFis is going to get you in deep yoghurt,

Trust me. Find a new name.

9. Hyde

Hyde

Mar 30, 2006
    My band is called Hindsight, but that name sucks. Besides, there are a whole lot of bands already called that. So we're changing it.

10. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Okay I figure I might as well just put The List up. This IS still a band name thread. I shouldn't let a tradition falter.

11. Monophobia

Afraid of being alone:D

12. Hyde

Hyde

Mar 30, 2006
    Bard2dbone, I believe Identity Crisis was a Thrice cd. But maybe I'm wrong.

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

For a twist, I think "Better luck next time" would kind of be a cool band name: For a hardcore band. :meh: But there would be x's in there somewhere.

14. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
  15. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    i think semperfis is a good name.

so what if you get beaten up or killed by marines? do it up! just make sure there's witnesses.

rock 'n' roll!

*@$% yoghurt.

16. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    and make sure you cover "semper fidelis" by j.p. sousa at all your gigs.

without question.

17. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Did they have that name in 1988? Maybe I can cash in on this.:D :p ;) :smug:

18. Thanks for your comments. What kind of "deep yoghurt" can I get in with that name? I'm not even American and I don't live in the US...

P.S: I just listened to that "Semper Fidelis" song. But I don't think I can play it with my rock band :bassist: :lol:

19. yeah, i had my girlfriend help me...here's my method of making up names...

I was on the phone and had her do the band mad lib :)

personally band names aren't very important to me, but some people do, so i had to pick one :)

20. The Burnt Toast? My dad wanted my band to be called that way. My sister wanted it to be "The Flying Underwear". Family...