1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Whats the name of your band?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jaysun, Apr 12, 2006.

1. loverboy

loverboy

Apr 29, 2006
    Karamelpåjkarna.:confused:

2. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Currently getting Acrid Nebula together, I have, in the past, been a member of (most recent first)

The Chapman Society
    Trusted None
    Broken Holmes, Angry Watson
    The Remain
    Twin Earth
    Old Scratch
    Edible
    Morgue-Asm (for a couple of days :D )

3. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    But there are marines everywhere. They're like cockroaches that way.

Semper fidelis is the marine motto. They tend to reference it often, using 'semper fi' in many ways in conversion. It could mean "Hey. That was an impressive thing you just did." or "Well, I am through talking and will leave now." or "Good luck in the future."or "Hello. person who I just realized also is/was a marine.", or many other things ,depending on the marine in question.

It's kind of like the way stoners use 'cool.

But they are posessive about it. It belongs to them and you can't have it. Just wait.

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    That is awesome. Again, a weak band name, but an excellent instrumental song title.

I used to have many odd titles for instrumentals: "Struck By Lightning Bugs", "Golden Apples and Poisoned Pears", "Surfers From Iowa", "Raised By Weasels Only To Be Killed By Research", "The Audience Wore Raincoats". "The Onset Of Lunchmeat", "Christmas With Buddha"

5. Haha. I think we found a keeper. The Figureheads. I'm cool with it, as is the guitaist, and I doubt the drummer will care.

6. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    My last band was 'Smacktalk' cause we all talked a lot of smack.

I reckon a cool name....if you were a bit of a tool, would be

Shame on Silence.

Maybe better suited for an album name.

7. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    The group I play with is called "Fina Dupa", which is roughly Polish for "Nice Ass". The name, and whatever story led to its choice, predate me.

8. flatwounds

flatwounds

Apr 22, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Why not go with The Ancient Wool-Unravellers?:D

Possibilities that my mates don't agree with:
    Gas,Gas,Gas!
    Beer-Bottle Zig-Zag
    The Beatless
    The boozehounds

9. GrooveBass

GrooveBass

Oct 10, 2004
    Iowa
    Alright....band names. The band I'm in at the moment is called WAKE. I'm sure the name's been used before, but we couldn't decide on a name, so we cheaped out and went with an acronym. The first letters of all our last names. It was either that or fight for 4 more practices:)

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Dude! Were you in the stoner rock band "Twin Earth"? If so, that's awesome. Regardless... Monster Magnet inspired, yes?

11. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    No, we were the Moster Magnet inspired stoner rock band Twin Earth around the same time as the one you've heard of from Sweden. We found out about the famous Twin Earth about the same time as our band was falling apart anyway :meh:

12. Urinal Cakes

Mike

13. Zippo and the Slinkeez

No reason really, just stupid enough to work.

14. Sphaera,

I didn't like it for a long time and now i think it's fine.

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Drag. Well, you guys had good taste in music.

16. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    "The Electric Luddites" Its clever, but stupid.

17. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    :)

18. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    My last was Portable Barnyard. Not bad. Before that was Strange Brew. I hated that name.

19. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    3 ft. III (three foot three)

We were a few minutes away from our first gig at a motel lounge, and still didn't know what we were gonna call ourselves. We were brainstorming outside next to the motel's front entrance which was covered by a canopy that had a sign on it that indicated a height clearance of 10' 7". Ten foot seven didn't sound very catchy, but since we were a trio, we jumped from that to three foot three, and went with it. That was 15 years ago! As you can imagine, with that much time elapsed, the name has become quasi-iconic... so much so that no one we know will entertain the thought of us playing under any other moniker.

By the way, when anyone asks... we tell them that three foot three represents the total combined measurement of the band members' members.:p

20. My friend's band is "Vellicate".

vellicate: touch (a body part) lightly so as to excite the surface nerves and cause uneasiness, laughter, or spasmodic movements [syn: tickle, titillate] 2: irritate as if by a nip, pinch, or tear; "smooth surfaces can vellicate the teeth"; "the pain is as if sharp points pinch your back" [syn: pinch]