what's the oddest thing you've ever sold to get bass equipment?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Mar 25, 2004.

1. my house looks like a library (litteraly thousands of books) and I'm thinking about selling em all as a lot to get some more bass equipment. what about you?

(Mod edit: Tim Cole) Doh, I acidentally hit edit instead of "quote" sorry!
  2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I've turned about everthing I don't use of value into music gear, via ebay. Good stuff
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    A snowboard was the strangest or farthest from bass gear to get bass gear.
  4. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    I sold a 76 ford factory high boy 4x4 truck, f250, for $1100. to get my first real bass that cost $1100. It was a 6 string tobias. I still have the bass.
  5. Children. I sell children for gear.

OK, I really don't, but I could probably get you a heck of a deal!!! :D
  6. Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    [/Jim Belushi on]

How much for the little girl?

[/Jim Belushi off]
  7. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Yes, I also use eBay to convert useless goods into $$$ for toys. People will buy anything. If you don't use it and it's shippable, put it up for auction.
  8. I sold a collection of Hot Wheels cars that I'd had since I was a kid.
  9. How much did they go for?? If you've had them since you were a kid (and assuming that's at least 10 years ago) they were probably worth some serious $.

Back on subject...I use E-Bay too. Get rid of the useless junk, to get some more useless junk (well, that's what my girlfriend calls all my bass equipment...thinks I have too much).
  10. Did you mean Jim Belushi's brother? :p
  11. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I have the full sets of 1993 and 1994 marvel comic cards, with holograms, stashed away at my house in a binder. I could probably sell them and get something nice for myself (like a Boomerang, mmmmmmmmmm)
  12. OOOHHH!

It's like spring time, you could get a kite!!! Better yet, don't sell them, collector cards make neat sounds in your bicycle spokes!!

Which reminds me, I've got an awful lot of X-Men and X-Men related comic books from the late 80's... :rolleyes:
  13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm a pack rat. The only stuff I sell for more bass gear is bass gear.
  15. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    A baseball bat. Gonna sell another one soon. Pick up 50-75 bucks.
  16. funkcicle

Jan 9, 2004
    Asheville, NC
    Blood plasma, anyone?

I used to sell that a few times a month.. $20 to $40 a pop. Good thing for me(or for society!) there wasn't a fertility clinic around!

17. Hahahahahahahahaha! :D

I'd be a millionare! :D :eek:
  18. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    I sold a Vectrex, a really old school games console that I bought at a car boot sale for £1. Sold it for £42 :)