Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what's the oddest thing you've ever sold to get bass equipment?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Mar 25, 2004.

1. my house looks like a library (litteraly thousands of books) and I'm thinking about selling em all as a lot to get some more bass equipment. what about you?

(Mod edit: Tim Cole) Doh, I acidentally hit edit instead of "quote" sorry!

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I've turned about everthing I don't use of value into music gear, via ebay. Good stuff

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    A snowboard was the strangest or farthest from bass gear to get bass gear.

4. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    I sold a 76 ford factory high boy 4x4 truck, f250, for $1100. to get my first real bass that cost $1100. It was a 6 string tobias. I still have the bass.

5. Children. I sell children for gear.

OK, I really don't, but I could probably get you a heck of a deal!!! :D

6. Baofu

Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    WA/CA
    [/Jim Belushi on]

How much for the little girl?

[/Jim Belushi off]

7. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Yes, I also use eBay to convert useless goods into $$$ for toys. People will buy anything. If you don't use it and it's shippable, put it up for auction.

8. I sold a collection of Hot Wheels cars that I'd had since I was a kid.

9. How much did they go for?? If you've had them since you were a kid (and assuming that's at least 10 years ago) they were probably worth some serious $.

Back on subject...I use E-Bay too. Get rid of the useless junk, to get some more useless junk (well, that's what my girlfriend calls all my bass equipment...thinks I have too much).

10. Did you mean Jim Belushi's brother? :p

11. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I have the full sets of 1993 and 1994 marvel comic cards, with holograms, stashed away at my house in a binder. I could probably sell them and get something nice for myself (like a Boomerang, mmmmmmmmmm)

12. OOOHHH!

It's like spring time, you could get a kite!!! Better yet, don't sell them, collector cards make neat sounds in your bicycle spokes!!

Which reminds me, I've got an awful lot of X-Men and X-Men related comic books from the late 80's... :rolleyes:

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm a pack rat. The only stuff I sell for more bass gear is bass gear.

15. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    A baseball bat. Gonna sell another one soon. Pick up 50-75 bucks.

16. funkcicle

funkcicle

Jan 9, 2004
    Asheville, NC
    Blood plasma, anyone?

I used to sell that a few times a month.. $20 to $40 a pop. Good thing for me(or for society!) there wasn't a fertility clinic around!

17. Hahahahahahahahaha! :D

I'd be a millionare! :D :eek:

18. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    I sold a Vectrex, a really old school games console that I bought at a car boot sale for £1. Sold it for £42 :)