Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's the problem here?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Earthday, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Earthday

Earthday

Sep 22, 2005
    New Hampshire
    I'm having a strange experience with this used Fender I bought. I immediately took the junk strings that we on it off and replaced them. After, I was getting some major buzzing from my A string, but none of the others. And they were all adjusted to the same action. So, I raised the action of the A string, and the D and G to match it, and the buzz went away, but the E string is already as high as it will allow me to adjust (for whatever reason) so I have an E string that's lower than the rest. The bridge is very worn out and looks like crap, and could be missing something, but I'm not sure, as this is my first experience with a Fender. So it could very well be a problem there, but any other possibilities before i go out and order a new one?

And for the record, If at all possible I would prefer to bring the other strings down to the E string's level rather than just the E string up, but I'd settle for either. It doesn't look like the neck is curved, and that wouldn't make since anyways, since the fretbuzz is only happening on my A string.

And sorry I dont have a digital camera :(