1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Whats the right price

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jan 27, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am thinking about an Epiphone EB3 for next bass what is a good price for a new one,i was thinking cherry. Any other comments about them will help:)

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I found one for $440 new no case what do you think

3. Hey Major, what's up?

$440 seems about the going rate. The last time I was at Sam Ash, they were going for $437 (how close can you get?;) ) w/o case IIRC.

As far as the bass itself, I always liked them. I played an Epiphone EB-3 a while back and loved it. The neck pup is very full and warm sounding and the mini-humbucker at the bridge can give you some very convincing Jazz bass-type tones. It also has a 3 or 4 way varitone switch (I think it's 4) a 3 way pickup selector and individual volume and tone controls for each pup. It's a very versatile sounding bass and it's so different from a lot of other basses out there. Nice slim Jazz bass feel to the neck too. It does have major neck dive, but, I think anyone that owns one gets used to it pretty quickly. One of these is on my list.

I'd say go for it.

Good luck.

Mike