Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whats the right price

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jan 27, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am thinking about an Epiphone EB3 for next bass what is a good price for a new one,i was thinking cherry. Any other comments about them will help:)

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I found one for $440 new no case what do you think

3. Hey Major, what's up?

$440 seems about the going rate. The last time I was at Sam Ash, they were going for $437 (how close can you get?;) ) w/o case IIRC.

As far as the bass itself, I always liked them. I played an Epiphone EB-3 a while back and loved it. The neck pup is very full and warm sounding and the mini-humbucker at the bridge can give you some very convincing Jazz bass-type tones. It also has a 3 or 4 way varitone switch (I think it's 4) a 3 way pickup selector and individual volume and tone controls for each pup. It's a very versatile sounding bass and it's so different from a lot of other basses out there. Nice slim Jazz bass feel to the neck too. It does have major neck dive, but, I think anyone that owns one gets used to it pretty quickly. One of these is on my list.

I'd say go for it.

Good luck.

Mike