Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's the right stuff?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Djeetn, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Djeetn

Djeetn

Jan 6, 2005
    I'm still searching till the end for a great bass rig but I can't get any amp tested cause many amps I'm interested in aren't in stock at the store I always go. Could some of you give their opinion about the following:

Ashdown ABM 500 RC EVO II Head with an Mesa Boogie Deep Powerhouse 2x15 Cabinet

or

Trace Elliot full stack: AH500 - 12 head
    1818 Cabinet
    2103 H Cabinet

or

Ashdown ABM 500 RC EVO II with Peavey Pro 210 cabinet
    Peavey Pro 115 cabinet

or

Asdown full stack: ABM 500 RC EVO II head
    ABM 210T cabinet
    ABM 115 cabinet

The store I go to only has hartke and hughes and kettner bassamps in stock and I can't order a stack just to test it. If there's anybody who could give some more advice, I would appreciate it very much.

2. I'd get the Ashdown full stack

3. +1.

4. ElephantTalk

ElephantTalk

Jan 20, 2005
    Indy
    I've got the 500 EVO II and the 2x15 Deep Powerhouse.
    Together that combo pushes more air than anything I've ever felt. The horn handles the highs pretty well too.

Due to it's massive size, and for the sake of not crumbling down my house, I run the EVO with an Ampeg SVT-410HLF classic. This setup performs very well for medium venues, doesn't rumble the entire house while practicing, and easier to transport.
    If you don't mind anything mentioned above and are playing medium venues give it a go!

ET