What's the scale-length of your favorite bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Count Bassie, May 19, 2007.

Favorite Bass's Scale-Lenthg?

Poll closed Aug 17, 2007.
  1. 30 1/2"

8.8%
  2. 32"

6.8%
  3. 33" (Rickenbacker)

7.4%
  4. 34"

59.5%
  5. 35"

23.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I have a 34" scale and a 32". I love my 32"! They're both great players, but the 32", a Burns Marquee, is my fav I think. As much as I really dig my Schecter Stiletto Elite 4...

What is your scale-length of choice?

PS I'm about 99% sure a Rickie is 33"... do correct me if I'm wrong, and I'll fix the poll. But I believe this is true- been a while since I had one!

2. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Inactive

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    When I switched to 5 string I tried 35 and it just didn't feel right. I'd rather have a well designed 34 inch fiver.

3. Good things are said about the Music-Man 5-er, it's a 34".

4. I mostly play 35" scale basses, but my 30" scale Mouse 30 has become a favorite.

5. My birdsongs..they say dynamite come in short packages...and between all my wives and basses...there seems to be a lot of truth to that statement !!!!:D

6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I went for 32" scale, since Kubicki Ex-Factors and Status Kingbasses are 32" scale!

However, I like 34" scale too, especially on Wal basses!

7. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    34"

8. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Cane Ridge, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    agree ;)

9. 35 inches of PURE Reverend RUMBLE :bassist:

10. I voted for 34 and 35. Mainly for 34 for standard tuning, and 35 for lower tunings, 5 strings and 24 frets.

11. Roland777

Roland777

Jun 1, 2006
    Sweden
    Thirty five and above, YEEEHAW!

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    34 seems to be ok for me... :)

13. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K
    i voted 33" as the nicest bass i have played was a 33" Fodera Matt Garrison sig, i currently play a 35" though, gonna get me a Garrison soon enough though

Dave

14. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    My favorite basses all have 35" scales. That said, they'd probably still be my favorite basses if they were 34".

15. None of the above! My favorite scale length bass is a 34-34.75-35.5-36.25-37.:D

16. 34" is the one true scale length.

17. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    My favorite bass is a 32"/36" Kubicki Ex-Factor...

18. My two favourite basses are 30,5" and 28,5" scales. The latter is a Fender Jaguar Bass VI and has mostly been played solo, the other one is made by TB:er MPU and has followed me to rehersals and gigs. It's a fantastic sounding and playing little bass. And it looks good too:

DSC01672.jpg

19. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    That is a beautiful bass there - I love the headstock, it reminds me of my friends mandolin!:hyper:

20. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Gervais, Oregon
    Short Scaler here... My main bass so far (only played since November) is my Epiphone Viola (notice the custom Birdsong thumbrest?)... I have not spent much time on the ZZ Ryder I picked up from a local pawn shop yet... Had a jack problem... I replaced it, but apparently put tab A in slot Q or something, so it is at the 12th Fret gettin' fixed, and a setup and strings to boot.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021