What's the Skinny on the new Fender Bassman Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tony Mig., Feb 18, 2001.

1. Tony Mig.

Tony Mig.

Jan 29, 2001
    While demo'ing my new J-Bass, I played it through a new Bassman 25. It sounded great, and had plenty of volume, plus it's small size and low power is perfect for what I need. The price ain't bad niether.....
    How's the durability of these amps? and are they afected much by flouresent lighting or other hum causing electrical devices?
    What's the general overall opinion on these amps?
  2. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    I've got a Fender Bassman 400 and i love it. Its 350 watts. The only reason i got such a big amp is because i had lots of money to blow. I am very happy with this amp. Its the perfect size for the music i play. I play VERY loud cuz my guitarist is a gainiac with his damn Fender Cybertwin.
  3. One of my friends' little brothers has a new Bassman and he seems to like it. I've been pleasantly surprised by them with my limited experiences.
  4. Hey Tony Mig, how come they let you in here? Got no fires to fight? Haha. Stick with the Bassman mate, ya cant go wrong. Best small amp on the market.
  5. NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    I tried the new Bassman 100 in a shop and was amazed by the quality of the sound. THe enhancer thingy is very cool.
    Don't know about durability but ... hey ... it's Fender ;).
  6. Tony Mig.

Tony Mig.

Jan 29, 2001
    Hey Marty, if you're here, who's watching the sheep!

Today, I a/b'ed the Fender Bassman 25 with the new Peavey micro bass amps, and the Bassman definitely sounds better, that little 25 watter has the sound of a much bigger amp, plus plenty of volume for what I need.
    Only thing I gotta do now, is save my money up so I can buy one.....
  7. waltB

Feb 20, 2001
    Central NJ, USA
    I've got a BXR-25 for practice too, and it is amazing
    for a 10" speaker. Check out www.ugbm.com if you're interested in buying. I've seen them used for sometimes around $125 (your mileage may vary...)
  8. I have been gigging regularly with a Bassman 100 since last September. Excellent stuff. I have a BXR25 which I also love.

Good stuff.
  9. Rich Briere

Rich Briere

Jul 5, 2000
    Obviously the stuff that I put in your drinking water has worked...or else everyone's taste in amps has simply improved.

Bass-ically Yours,
    Rich Briere