1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What's the smallest 4x10 4ohm cab on the market?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fishtx, May 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    The title kind of says it all. I'm looking for the smallest 4x10 "4ohm" cab I can get. Of course I want a quality product, but for this thread, weight, Neo or ceramic doesn't matter. Just let me know whats out there in a small form factor....Thanks.

2. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Subbed. This should be interesting. I know a couple decades ago Peavey had a small 410 cab but I'll bet it wasn't very light. Very portable though. They all seem to require a certain amount of internal volume thus the extra size. I think a lot of TB'ers are starting to opt for the 2 x 210 configuration....

Deak likes this.
  3. TrentB

TrentB Supporting Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Yorba Linda, Ca
  4. chris_b

chris_b

Jun 2, 2007
    I'd imagine most 410's will be at least 24" square.

IME the Barefaced 410 might be the a good choice to checkout because, while it will equal the size of the smallest regular 410's, it will be much lighter and much louder. Don't worry about the 8 ohms. It will still be much louder.

5. My pair of SVT201AVs are 27lbs each. Chain em for 400W @ 4 Ohms.

CTBassGuy, 12BitSlab and RoadRanger like this.
  6. HaphAsSard

HaphAsSard

Dec 1, 2013
    Italia
    Strictly in terms of cubic inchage, the Barefaced Four10 suggested above is hard to beat (unusually shallow with its 13" depth) but, as also mentioned, not 4 ohms: it can be had in either a 8- or 2-ohm version (not sure if they plan to offer it in a switchable version in the future, as they have with the new Two10S), which might or might not be of interest to you depending on your reason(s) for wanting a 4-ohm cab (half of your amps, per your profile, can go down to 2 ohms, but not e.g. the GK 400RB, in case you wanted a sensitive cab for the lowest-powered amp in your stable).
    Barefaced Bass - Four 10

If a sleeker form factor trumps literal volume (as in room occupied, not loudness) in your book, these two would (...amply) deliver, even if(/precisely because) they're not what you'd expect as 410s go:
    HG410 Loudspeaker – check with your local dealer
    RS410V/RS410VT | RevSound
    The Bergantino HG410 (it has three woofers in the front and a fourth one in the back that even outdoors, with no back wall reflecting sound, still contributes lows, which are omnidirectional); and the RevSound RS410V (a vertical 4x10, available in either 8 and 4 ohm config).

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Bergantino HG410. Same size as a 212, less than 2-square-foot footprint. 48 pounds.

David A. Davis likes this.
  8. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    Genzler 410-3 on the way!

Ryan L. likes this.