1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's the source for all these isolated bass youtube videos

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MrDOS, Oct 7, 2010.

1. MrDOS

MrDOS Gold Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Or vocals/drums for that matter?

I realize it's a simple task to take some of the old "stereo" songs and get a vocal track or a drum track.

But the ones I am hearing continue after the master fades, or have incredible isolation.

I have not been able to find out what's going on here!

It's been a lifetime dream of mine to have original multitrack masters of some of my favorite stuff and make my own mixes. I've seen Todd Rundgren and others release interactive stuff like that, but the stuff I am hearing on youtube is amazing!

2. I'm pretty sure a lot are ripped off Guitar Hero games... could be wrong though.

3. TFunkadelic

TFunkadelic

Apr 9, 2006
    Minnesota
    Some artists have released the individual tracks from their sessions. Phoenix and Jay Z to name a few. That may be what's going on.

4. Coming from a recording/engineering background...there's a lot of old famous multitrack masters that have been digitised and are floating about the web (albeit illegally)...i've heard several examples back when i was in school and they weren't exactly obtained from the record label's vault. the guitar hero idea is plausible as well. you could google it (i've heard the multitracks for "killer queen" and "bohemian rhapsody" by Queen, among others...the vocals are amazing to hear by themselves BTW :D )

5. MrDOS

Jan 4, 2006
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I love hearing stuff outside the mix. For instance, an apparently Van Halen guitar "dive bomb" near the start of the guitars from "Beat It." I always thought that was a synth.

6. b4nny

b4nny

Aug 24, 2008
    Bellevue, WA, USA
    Guitar Hero and Rock Band make up the majority of these files. The game developers get the master tracks from the record companies so they can "chart" the notes accurately and make individual instruments drop out when a player is doing poorly.

7. MrDOS

Jan 4, 2006
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks for replies! I'm going to have some fun "remixing..." :)