Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's the story with NY Guitars??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by purfektstranger, May 25, 2005.

1. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Noticed many bad comments posted on bassgear.com about a guitar store in NYC called New York Guitars supposedly ripping customers off. Can anyone shed some light???

2. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    They've apparently ripped off many people on BassGear.Com over the last few months.

3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    If all that is true (which it certainly seems to be), I don't know how the maintain business. Furthermore, I don't know why someone hasn't gone over there and trashed their shop. Someone claiming to be the store's owner posted on bassgear.com a few days ago saying something to the effect of 'We don't know much about basses, so don't blame us if you don't get what you asked for. We're tired of all the whiners.' Never mind that this is professionally unethical; it's just a terrible thing to say period. It's a wonder no one's taken this up with the Better Business Bureau.

4. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    Where are you guys seeing these comments?

5. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Ready, Aim ...

6. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I used to have that satellite photo program.
    Post a close-up when the smoke starts.:smug:

7. everyone has it now: maps.google.com Be sure to click the satellite option.

8. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Thanks. Didn't know you could do it somewhere for free now. The program I had was a 30 day trial thing. Cool, but not worth paying for for me.