1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's the story with these ropey-lookin necklaces?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, May 28, 2007.

1. Simply put: I see these plastic-clip braided rope lookin necklaces popping up alot, just now, the Bosox pitcher Hideki Okajima was wearing one, I saw a couple on passers-by yesterday, just curious, what's the deal bass-brethren??? Are they special????

Sorry if this has come up already....just curious.

2. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    i haven't seen em, not really sure what ur talking bout

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
  4. Ok, I dunno, it may even be a red sox thing, but the ones I've seen are either red, or red and white and look like braided rope, and have a biggish, awkward looking plastic clip-closure... I'm looking around Google, but no luck, don't know how to phrase it....

5. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
  6. xgab, yeah, that''s pretty much it...ok, so it's a pain-reliving type thingy....I woner if it's snake-oil or science....... you know??? Reminds me of those magnet bracelets. THANKS for the article!!!!

7. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    1st I ever seen of them...

8. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Yup, a lot of red sox players wear them due to the Japanese influence of alternate health and healing products. I've seen a number of other players from different team wear them, but not as much as the Red Sox players. Though, being that I watch NESN every night and day, the majority of my baseball comes from the Sox.

9. Haha, I thought you were talking about those hemp necklaces.

10. Ok, so Titanium improves bioelectric flow and yadda yadda? My ring finger must have excellent whatever, as my wedding ring is all Titanium....I don't feel any better, 'cept on those occasions where I chuck her the bird...hhahahaha

11. Yeah, I hear ya. Watchin the game right now my man. Youk was FLYING on that infield homer.

12. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    BTW, both Okajima and Matsuzaka are from Japan. From what I understand, Japanese people don't like being called Asian. :D

13. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    heh, yeah. That's what came to my mind as well.

14. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Cool, great game tonight. Schilling finally pitched a good game, and watching Youk's in-the-park homerun was killer.

15. Yeah, I quite like those. :smug:

16. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Actually, I believe it is liquid titanium is where the "superstition" lies.

17. Ah, yes. Good call on my Faux Pas....I'm apparently more stouts in than I thought...:)

18. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Great, now it looks like Pap is struggling.

19. yeah..not good. Startin to shake over here....got the nerrvous rockin action...

Ah, finally an out....still......

20. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Where you from Mon Rominee? I'm from a mostly Connecticut based family and am currently transplanted near Albany, NY. I feel so out of place over here.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021