What's the story with these ropey-lookin necklaces?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, May 28, 2007.

1. Hey man, I'm from central MA....just south of Worcester (Woostah) in Southbridge

I'm playing Albany very soon with Van Morrison's Daughter Shana....Jazzy / Bluesy pop, maybe you'd dig????

2. Tony G

Tony G Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Wow, very cool. What place and time?

3. Nice win Pap!!!

I'm playin Albany on Aug. 1st.....(thought it was July 1st, my bad) it's at a hotel, iirc...I have to check the venue, but 30boxes is down...I'll letcha know.

Oh well, off to bed, hafta be up in 5 hours...ha! Like that's gonna happen. Thanks again my man!

4. Tony G

Tony G Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Yeah, that second out was questionable, but I'll take the win. Gotta love those yankees being 13.5 games back.

Let me know where the gig is, though I think I might have a gig that night myself.

5. Beta

Beta

May 9, 2007
    I used a Phiten sleeve when I fenced a little sabre not too long ago, kind of like the one Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony wear (those aren't made by Phiten) because I used to get horrible tendinitis in my elbow. I didn't specifically want the Phiten one, but two of them were the same price as one Under Armour sleeve.

All I can say is it helped with the tendinitis (not because of liquid titanium)- and, when they were new, they felt cold when you put them on.

At any rate, if you look at pictures of the Japanese team from the World Series of Baseball, many of the players have braided Phiten necklaces. It's apparently a trend for them. And they're a superstitious lot.

6. I know, I laugh...poor Yanks...oh well.

I wil get back to ya soon... peace out.

Ron

7. Yes, baseballers in general, a superstitious lot indeed. That's cool it helped you!!! Thanks for that!!!