What's the street price on a REX 2000/5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PanteraFan, Aug 12, 2002.

1. I know the retail price is $1050(£690). But whats the street price on these things? I'm guessing about $800-$900? I'm getting one at Xmas, need to know my funds. £650 is my highest.

Thanks in advance,

2. Last October I paid £665 for mine, not sure what direction the prices have went since!!!!
  3. They've gone up, conversion used to be roughly 1.42 Dollars to the Pound. Now it's about 1.52.

At the old rate, the price you paid would make it $944.33. At today's rates, $944.33 is £616.73. I can afford that. Hopefully, it'll get up to two bucks to the pound by Christmas!
  4. Holoflash. Can't get good photos of the other colours.
  5. Got mine off ebay for $470 plus shipping. It's black stain. I can't wait til it gets here!!
  6. ferd315

Sep 20, 2001
    Us, Fl, Tampa
    I used to own a black stain, Rex 2000/5. I bought it brand new off Ebay with a brand new Spector molded case for $600. I sold it 6 months later for $625. They sound great, fat neck though, thats why I got rid of it for a Ibanez SR3005. I think Musiciansfriend.com has them for $800 or somewhere around there. http://www.etr1.com
  7. Definitely going with the Holoflash I think. I have a red bass, the amberburst is crap, the black is boring and the blue is too light for my taste(from Sanctum's bass).
  8. well, dont let that picture fool you, its darker than that. Granted, its not a "deep" blue, but I love it. I suggest you find a holoflash in real life to look at before you buy one. I almost ordered that, then I saw a Spector in a shop here with holoflash - I don't like it much at all. But you might love it!

I have to disagree about the "fat" neck. Its thinner and narrower than my Fender V neck. Plays like butter too.
  9. The pictures of the bassist on www.usedband.com are good enough for me. And I'd like a much darker blue.

Why can't Spector have better photos on their site?:(