Whats the strongest/recommended glue for repairing Nut

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by KlarkKent, Feb 15, 2002.

1. KlarkKent

Dec 17, 2001
    Los Angeles
    The end of my nut broke off, what's the strongest darn glue you recommend to use?

Klark Kent
  2. Depends. What kind of material? Plastic or bone I'm guessing. You could probably just use an epoxy. A quick set would be the best. Other would be super glue and an accelerator.
  3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Unless you're in a jam and you need a quick fix to keep playing right away, have the entire nut replaced (or, if your handy, replace it your self). Otherwise, what tufnuts said.
  4. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I'll second the replacing the nut option. I replaced the nut on my G&L and it's pretty easy. Just take a razor knife, and make a gentle cut at each end of the nut. Pry one end up gently. When you replace it, don't glue the entire surface, but only the ends.
  5. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I use scotch tape.
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    wouldn't you want something like stiches?

:rolleyes: Sorry! Couldn't resist! :D
  7. bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    To glue your nut I would say super glue. It was developed for Dr's to close sutures or so I've heard.( I'm not a Dr and I don't play one on T V.) :) Be careful you don't get any on your fingers unless you want your hands stuck in your pants for a while.:eek:

On the other hand, to repair a bass guitar nut, epoxy should work fine depending on the repair. If you are replacing a small chunk, super glue may work for a while, but I don't have much faith in it over the long run. Never use epoxy to replace a nut. ie- To stick the new nut to the guitar.