Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's the Talkbass policy on group purchases?

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by chunger, Jan 25, 2006.

1. chunger

chunger

Jan 10, 2006
    Albany, CA
    Chunger basses by Studio 939
    Hello,

This is a question mostly for the moderators. I was wondering if there is an official stance for this forum in regards to organizing and executing "group buys". I know other forums I'm involved in all have different policies in place in this regard ranging from anything goes to strictly prohibited to ask a moderator first. There are some items I'm needing that may be best got w/ some more folks, so i thought I'd ask about this forum's policies.

Thanks,
    'Chung

:bassist:

2. do you mean something like the "lets buy a wish" threads?
    then i do believe they allow it

3. chunger

chunger

Jan 10, 2006
    Albany, CA
    Chunger basses by Studio 939
    I did a forum search for "let's buy a wish" and didn't come up with much. . . guess it was something I missed.

I was thinking more along the lines of this hypothetical situation

. . . If I buy 40 sets of "Zingtastick super-saucy bass strings." I can get them for 1/2 price, but I'll never need 40 sets of Zingtasticks. . . but, if I get 40 other people to buy them with me, then we all get them for 1/2 price plus shipping.

Some forums view activities like this as violating commercial use rules. I don't want to do that. . .

-'Chung

4. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144940
    thats the one i was involved in...anyways, in that one, we all chipped in 10 bucks and bought a wish bass and sent it around to all the people that put in the money...

anyways, i won't answer for paul, but i am fairly sure that it would be ok

5. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    I haven't been confronted by this before and so there's no official policy - so for now I'll say it's ok, as long as it doesn't get out of hand ;)