1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Whats the truss rod?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by 311 fan, Nov 7, 2000.

  1. 311 fan

    311 fan

    Sep 24, 2000
    La Verne, CA
    What is it? I need to lower the action. Any pics?
  2. The truss rod is a metal beam that runs through the neck. It can be adjusted via an allen wrench. It defines the curvature of the neck.

    You will notice the curvature by looking at the neck from the side.

    To lower the action, lower the bridge saddles.

Share This Page