Whats the Value on...

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by choochbass, May 22, 2004.

1. choochbass

choochbass

May 22, 2004
    Hey guys- this is my first post, so bare with me if im in the wrong forum or something hehe.

Ive only been playing bass for about 4 years now, and I got my first bass, a Epiphone Newport bass, I believe its a '64- sounds really great, unique tone I can't seem to get out of any other guitars. Anyhow, I'm wondering if theres any way I could identify its exact make/model/year, and perhaps the value? Id put some pictures up, but my scanners broken. All I can tell you is that its a 64 (i believe) Epiphone, newport model, and is a 4 string- I really don't know a whole lot about my bass :( If anyone knows the value of one of these things (im looking to trade/sell it toward a Warwick) or knows a good website to research it, I would very much appreciate it.

charcharm@excite.com

2. choochbass

choochbass

May 22, 2004
    Also, Im interested in the value of my amp (another gift from a person who wont tell me the value of it =P). Its a Peavey TKO 65, Im looking to get a SWR Workingmans 2x10 or 1x15 (not sure) or, If I can really hold out and save money, maybe a Eden Metro. Thanks again. :bassist:

3. choochbass

choochbass

May 22, 2004
    found a nice picture of one exactly like mine- only less dings, and in a bit better condition.

http://www007.upp.so-net.ne.jp/deku/gear/bass/pc090324.html

Apparently its a '65 as well. So yeah, mine is a '65 Epiphone Newport Bass with some character to it. Itll have its 40th anniversary in '05 :D

4. Chooch, you've a got a PM