Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whats the Value on...

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by choochbass, May 22, 2004.

1. choochbass

choochbass

May 22, 2004
    Hey guys- this is my first post, so bare with me if im in the wrong forum or something hehe.

Ive only been playing bass for about 4 years now, and I got my first bass, a Epiphone Newport bass, I believe its a '64- sounds really great, unique tone I can't seem to get out of any other guitars. Anyhow, I'm wondering if theres any way I could identify its exact make/model/year, and perhaps the value? Id put some pictures up, but my scanners broken. All I can tell you is that its a 64 (i believe) Epiphone, newport model, and is a 4 string- I really don't know a whole lot about my bass :( If anyone knows the value of one of these things (im looking to trade/sell it toward a Warwick) or knows a good website to research it, I would very much appreciate it.

charcharm@excite.com

2. choochbass

choochbass

May 22, 2004
    Also, Im interested in the value of my amp (another gift from a person who wont tell me the value of it =P). Its a Peavey TKO 65, Im looking to get a SWR Workingmans 2x10 or 1x15 (not sure) or, If I can really hold out and save money, maybe a Eden Metro. Thanks again. :bassist:

3. choochbass

choochbass

May 22, 2004
    found a nice picture of one exactly like mine- only less dings, and in a bit better condition.

http://www007.upp.so-net.ne.jp/deku/gear/bass/pc090324.html

Apparently its a '65 as well. So yeah, mine is a '65 Epiphone Newport Bass with some character to it. Itll have its 40th anniversary in '05 :D