Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's the word on Ashdown?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ak_williamson, Mar 5, 2005.

1. ak_williamson

ak_williamson

Mar 5, 2005
    I'm in the market for my first bass amp and I've been looking into purchasing an Ashdown C115T 300 but i've only been able to read about 6 reviews on it. I don't want to make an uninformed purchase. What is their reputation and does anyone know anything about the particular amp i am looking at?

2. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

I don't think you can go wrong with Ashdown. The only drawback to that model is if you are a slapper you won't get the same sound as with a 10" speaker. I LOVED my Ashdown - up until I bought a Glockenklang! (List on the Glock head was almost $3,000!)

Dan K.

3. You will love the Ashdown, can do warm vintage to modern tones very nice amp amp works well with 15" speakers.

I sold all my Ampeg SVTCL for the Ashdown and im very happy with the amp some 6months later, a great amp, even the low cost Mag300 is a good amp as well for all solid state.

4. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    the word is MARVELOUS

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I thought the word was AWESOME, although I have heard FABULOUS, AMAZING, WONDERFUL, SUPERB.

*goes to get dictionary*

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yeah, we all like Ashdown. :)

7. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    The word is simply: :D

Less than a month till my big Ashdown rig! :hyper: