Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whats this cab like?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basspunk2005, Feb 17, 2006.

1. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    Im thinking of replacing my practice amp, a TE commando 15, to one of these

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=67581

its a Gk blk 2x10, if i was to get this then I would run my old TE ah3007 through it. Would there be much difference in volume etc as with the Commando it seems to want to die if you put it higher than half volume with hardly any gain or bass etc. anyway question is would it be worth selling the commando so i could buy this 2x10?

I would be using this as a practice amp with my band, as i want to use my te stack for gigs

cheers

2. It likes snuggling by the fire (not to close!), dinner by romantic candlelight, fine wines, and of course pina coladas.

3. All I can tell you is i played through a 210 backline combo and it farted out if you played hard without having the volume up. I know you are going to be powering this with your own amp but I don't think the amp was the problem . The speakers just did not seem to want to take much power at all.

4. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    aight cool cheers, i was also thinking about an ashdown combo does anyne know of any good ones that are around 200-250 watts for about £250? also i am looking at the ASHDOWN MAG 210T which is £199 i think that would be a better choice. can people give me their opinions please? thanks

5. bob04

bob04

Aug 5, 2005
    Stourbridge, U.K.
    If you look on the soundcontrol.co.uk website, i think you will find they have decreased the price to £99, or at least when i last looked they had.
    I like the hartke XL cabs, i couldn't afford 'em though and got the transporter. The xl ones give a really nice punchy sound, great if you attack the bass hard.

6. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    ah thats cool, do they accept solo card do you know?i cant find where on the site where it says what cards they accept. cheers

7. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
  8. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    Ordered at £99 :D:hyper: nice lil practice stack ill soon have

TE ah3007 into MAG 210t not as good as my real stack:cool:

9. svtb15

svtb15 Commercial User

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    stay away from GK

10. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    I have gone with the ashdown 2x10. Why stay away from GK?i thought they were supposed to be really good?doesnt flea use them?