Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whats this crap about earthquakes in bakersfield?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    My drama teacher said that some guy said that the next major earthquake was gonna hit bakersfield CA.

Within 3 days of the next full moon.

aka Tonight.

Also, he talked about the weird weather we've been having (40 degree mornings and nights, 70 degree days) and how those are warning signs...

And peoples animals have been going missing like they know something is up.

:hyper:

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Volcanoes in alaska now?

Dude... We're screwed.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Are you saying that people are eating their animals?

brad cook

4. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I don't know. I left Calif. thinking Earthquakes and Brushfires were behing me, now it's Tornados and hail.
    Oklahoma haw been declared a disaster area due to BRUSHFIRES, 10 MILES AWAY, SOME ONLY A FEW. What's up w/ that?

BTW, I've never been in a predicted earthquake and I've seen my share.

5. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx

Well we know who's eating them now, dont we Mr COOK?

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

You must suffer. Put your bass in the case to minimize damage.

7. so?

any earthquake?

anyways, I heard that there is going to be a powerful earthquake along the Mississippi river someday...

8. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Wether like that happens almost all the time, here in New England we call it Spring and Fall, where my wife's parents live in the upper panhandle of FLA they call it winter. 30 degrees difference between day and night is on the high side of normal for times of moderate tempuratures (it doesn't happen nearly as often in very cold or very hot weather, but it's still not abnormal).

And earthquakes have very little likelyhood of affecting atomospheric weather.

My take on it is that people like to predict catastrophies like this because people have short memories of them being wrong and long memories of them being right by coincidence. Did he give a timeframe? How often do you actually have earthquakes in the area?