What's this effect...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by The_Ryst, Jan 24, 2006.

1. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    it's a flanger, if you're talking about that swooshing effect. pretty much any multiFX has that...
  2. Hmmm... a lesson for us all...

Too much mindless bass masturbation makes your hands go green! :eyebrow:
  3. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Distortion, phaser, and delay. Crazy sound- kind of cool.
  4. Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Think about what fx you really going to use and buy them separatly... there are enough of them out there to get the sound you really want. And when you don't like it anymore, you sell it.
    Multifx will do everything you want and more, but nothing exactly like you want it.
    And really, as a bassist, what kind of fx do you really need?? Distortion or fuzz, booster... all the rest is for guitarplayers and in my opinion... they don't need them either.

But if you want 10 or so fx and you are really going to use them all, I still would say: buy 'm separatly and get some quality, it will take you some more time, but the patience will be worth it.
  5. adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    line6 basspod. i'll sell you mine for 120. barely even used. sounds great, just i'm not an effects kinda guy.

it has all the major effects you want, plus eq, plus amb/cab modulator.

all i use is my boss overdrive for a little growl. and then i want to look into a mxr phaser or auto-q. otherwise, i'll stick to bass as its meant to be. BASS
  6. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Who defines what it's "meant" to be?
  7. IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    Un-necessary Answer: The One Who Plays It