1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What's this switch for?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Meyekul, Aug 11, 2005.

  1. I was playing around with my new bass the other day and decided to take a peek at the electronics. So I pop off the back plate and notice there is a small PCB with a DIP switch. I didnt mess with it, because with my luck it would be the self-destruct switch, so I figured somebody here might know what its for. :confused:

    Here are some pics to help. The switch is at the top of the first picture, and a closer view on the right side of the second picture. Its black with white sliders and some white letters and numbers on it. I don't recall what the numbers were, and you cant really make them out in the picture, but if it would help I can open it up and look at them again. The bass is a Schecter Stiletto Elite 4.

    Attached Files:

  2. DON'T TOUCH THAT SWITCH!! YOU'LL TURN OFF THE FUNK!!!! Its set at the factory.

    Try emailing the manufacturer. Sometimes if its got a midrange knob, the freq is switchable.
  3. No midrange knob, just bass, treble, and 2 volumes.
  4. tiefling


    Aug 19, 2003
    Washington DC
  5. EricTheEZ1


    Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    I have the same exact bass but with EMG 35Js. The preamp has switchable Treble frequencies. What you want to do is set your amp's treble flat and the rest relatively flat. Then play around with the treble (on the bass) boosted and then cut. You're gonna want to do this with each position the switches can be in (all 4) and decide which sounds best.

    I believe I have mine on 4.x KHz. If you prefer a more mid rangy, or more twangy sound, the switches will do that for you. Just play around.

  6. Cool, thanks for the help. I'll play around with it and see what I can come up with. :bassist: