What's this "Tonos guitar contest", er, ad doing here?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Blackbird, Dec 28, 2000.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I mean. It's ok, At least it's music related and I'm glad there's money coming in from advertisers to help maintain the site, but who on TalkBass land can play an "intense" guitar solo and submit an entry that has a chance? I'd sure like to have a lesson with Steve Vai, if for nothing else, because of his Frank Zappa connection, but that notwithstanding, it seems like this contest is another one of those things that tell guitarists they have to play those long, masturbatory, egotistical noises to be considered musicians. What about tone? What about rhythm?

I guess I'm ranting 'Cause I know I can't do it, unless George Harrison style solos are considered intense.;)

Will C.:cool:
  2. Although I am a serious bassist, and always will be. I did start out on (and continue to play) violin, and guitar, and I don't like to brag (yeah right), but I can rip out some intense solos on either instrument. So I might be inclined to submit an entry.

But, I may be one of the few here, and I probably won't submit it anyway - so you are absolutely right!

3. yeah
  4. Well, I do play guitar, but like bass, I suck at it....:)
  5. membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI