1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Whats this worth? 410 with JBL re-cones

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lowactnsatsfctn, Aug 13, 2012.

1. I was given a 410 cab loaded with JBL e110-8 speakers by my soon to be Fiance's father. He doesn't use it and can hardly move it by him self and told me to sell it if I wasn't going to use it. The problem is, Im not really sure what its worth... The cab is 3/4" plywood that has a small moving dolly screwed to the bottom of it. The baffle needs to be tightened up and the handle needs to be tightened. I looked and found specs and pricing for the drivers, but the cones on these are all paper, meaning they have either different dust caps or are complete recones. If they were bass guitar speakers, Id build 2 210's, but they aren't of much use to me. If you were selling this, what would you ask for? IMG-20120812-00127.

IMG-20120812-00123. Probably better to sell the speakers by them selves and toss the cab.

There was also a Crate BX-200. I'm thinking about $125ish for that, and I'll post it for a local sale

2. More pictures IMG-20120812-00124.

IMG-20120812-00129.

3. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Kinda looks like a guitar cabinet because of the open back. Personally,I'd pull the drivers,and put them in a proper bass cabinet.

4. Its a guitar cab for sure. I would build 2 210 cabs, but these speakers wouldn't last. They are Guitar drivers, 2.5mm Xmax and don't go very low.

5. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Intergalactic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon sofware
    With the JBL clean sound, might be good for a guitarist in a surf or rockabilly type band.

6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    I don't think those drivers would be very good for bass. I'd sell the whole shebang to fund something better for bass. It could be used in a clean/dirty rig for the dirty channel but a high pass filter should be used to keep the lows out of the cabinet.

7. That is the plan, Help fund a 215. I just don't know what its worth since the speakers appear to be re-coned

8. I've owned three E110 for a long number of years.
    One is an after-market recone, the others are JBL original or JBL factory recones. All have chrome domes.

The RTA shows a marked difference in response between the after market and factory cone assemblies.
    I looked through my old JBL paper catalogs from last century, and was not able to find a 10" E110 with a paper dust cap.
    JBL made a variant of this in 12" with a paper cap, but nothing in 10" that I can find.

If the sticker on your driver does indicate an E110, the cones are probably after market jobs.
    IMO, that significantly reduces the value of the drivers because they are no longer "genuine JBL". YMMV.
    They are only worth what somebody is willing to pay for them.

As noted above, these are guitar drivers.
    Very poorly suited for bass.