1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's this worth? Carvin content...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superfunk47, Sep 1, 2008.

1. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    So a couple years back I scored an old Carvin bass off the 'bay, but never really got into it. Instead of selling it, I kind of forgot about it and it sat in its case for a long time. Now that I've found it again, I realize that I probably got a pretty sweet deal on it, but that I really have no idea what it's worth.

It's a 1980 LB50CE with stereo wiring and standard hardware.

(http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/80-basses.html)

It's really in pretty good condition, although the frets are a bit worn down. All they need is a crowning though, and they'll be like new.

I saw one going on ebay awhile back for 500 BIN, I believe.

Anybody have any concept of what I might be able to sell it for?

Thanks! :bassist:

2. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Anybody?...

Jeez, I know not a whole lotta people play em, but anybody have any idea where to price it at all?

3. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    What did you pay for it?

Did the $500 BIN actually sell?

I'd say it's worth about $300, but I am no expert.

4. Carvin resale value's are somewhat lacking to say the least. I have a 2007 Carvin LB75AP Anniversary, and it's to some a great bass and to some others leaves much to be desired as far as tone goes; I like it, but it's not my main bass anymore. That distinction goes to my '08' MIA Fender Jazz V. IMO, old Carvins are ugly looking sticks, you'd have to give to me and I probably still wouldn't want it.:smug:

5. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    "Appraise my gear" threads belong in the Classifieds forum, and you must be a supporting member of Talkbass to post there. Please join TB and post your question there :bassist:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/faq.php?faq=forum_rules#faq_megathreads