What's this worth......someone help me out

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    My boss has an extra jet ski laying around and said i can have it. I don't know too much about the model or year. The engin is bad, but could probably be fixed. It's a little old but it's not in too bad of shape i don't think. I sure as hell wouldn't ever use it, plus i'm getting it for free, so i just want to sell it and pocket some cash. I would like to sell it as a fixer-upper mabey. I don't know anything about jet skies but i'm one of you people do. How much you think i could get for thing, a couple hundred?
  2. Check Ebay. Whether anyone likes it or not, that's the source of "the going rate" for most of anything.
  3. Chances are the engine problems are too expensive to fix to make it worthwhile. Down here in Miami the salt water eats the propulsion components to the point wher they have to be replaced and new parts cost a bundle since used parts are pretty much non existent. If the hull is cracked or even scared pretty bad it would have to be recoated and repaired which is expensive.

Might want to see if a repair place might want to buy it off you for parts, or ask them what it would cost to repair then at least you have a better idea of what is is worth compared to a working used on say on Ebay.