Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's this worth?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by purfektstranger, May 27, 2005.

1. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
  2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm expecting around $15-17,000.

3. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Wow that's beautiful!

4. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I wonder how the seller came across this find. Did he pick it up at the old man across the street's garage sale for 300 bucks? I'll bet it's something like that.....if not.....I don't care. I'll just pretend that's what happened until I convince myself that there are many more like it waiting to be dusted off and put on the curb next weekend......... :eyebrow:

5. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Perfekt,
    If your read the auction, he says his father-in-law was the original buyer in 1957.

What amazes me is that the nitro laquer never had a chance to yellow and darken, so the neck and headstock look so bleech-light.

A bass is only worth what people are willing to pay, and this one will defintely have a sky-high value. I can't wait to see the result.

6. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    "If your read the auction, he says his father-in-law was the original buyer in 1957."

Damn it....there goes that fantasy. I will still be scouring the garage sales this weekend looking for its' twin! :rolleyes: