1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's to come from Markbass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Colonel_Claypoo, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Colonel_Claypoo

Colonel_Claypoo Steve Harris nut

Oct 24, 2007
    Germany
    hey fellow tb'lers,

i'm playing around with the idea of buying a LMII but then i thought: stop!

would you advice me to wait for the new markbass amps to come out? there hasn't been much information lately so i thought someone might know?

what markbass gear are you personally waiting for?

2. I believe the only products announced for release this year are the MoMark (modular amps) and the F500 (which is basically an F1 with some additional features like mute and semiparametric EQ).

I've heard some buzz on an LMII update coming in 2009.

My recommendation would be that if you don't need the extra features (mute, more fully featured DI, etc.), you would be fine to purchase a current model.

If you are a 'bells and whistles' guy, and still want a micro amp, then maybe waiting for the F500 would be worth it. Of course, my guess is you will pay more also.

3. Colonel_Claypoo

Oct 24, 2007
    Germany
    thanks kjung.
    i know it's stupid but my fear is always, that i will miss something out if i don't buy the latest models. something tells me they will sound waaaay different than previous models i.e. the LMII.

but that's nonsense, i know. markbass won't come out with a completely new sound, will they?

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If they do, that would be a really bad move. I don't think they will, though. However, amps aren't like computers. You can use last year's latest and greatest for a good 10-15 years.

5. Guest043

Guest043 Guest

Apr 8, 2008
    i doubt anything significant will come out..i foresee them continuing to make the same killer amps though.

6. The recently announced stuff is based on their current amp and pre designs (with the F500 having more features, and the MoMark allowing you to mix and match different power and pre options). So, nothing particularly new regarding the trademark tone of the MB stuff, just more options and features and customization options.

Remember, if you want an LMII with some additional features, just get the SA450 for $100 more. It's a little bit larger, but has the more fully featured DI and the semiparametric mids.

7. Steve K

Steve K

Jun 20, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    KJung, what buzz have you heard about the LMII update? If they were to upgrade it in the near future, when do you think the updated versions would be avaliable to the public?

Edit: Just missed your above post, KJung

8. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    Man I hope they don't alter their sound. If they do I will be looking for a used LM II even harder.

If it ain't broke (by any means) don't fix it!

9. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    They now have a reputation for a certain sound, so I'd be surprised if they went in a whole other direction.

10. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    NY604 4x8 cab should be here soon as well? Looking forward to maybe checking that out.

11. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    That, and the Mini CMD121p extension cab.

12. Colonel_Claypoo

Oct 24, 2007
    Germany
    thanks guys.
    i think i will either go with an LMII or wait for the momark if the modules aren't too expensive and come out this year:)

13. What amp will you use with that cab?

14. I'd really like to be able to get just the power amp section.

15. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    2858639671_533983a194.

16. will this run with a 9V battery?

17. :D

18. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    300 watts @ 4 ohms for 12 hours on the kinetic energy from muting & unmuting it a couple of times :)

Match it up with one of these:

[​IMG]

and you're good to go :bassist:

19. After playing a few pieces of markbass gear it took me a second or two to figure out that the boss pedal amp was photoshopped :smug:

20. giovabass

giovabass

Oct 17, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    The NY604 is quite interesting, 4x6" speakers 600 Watts and a weight of only 15kg:

[​IMG]

I'm really interested in it and i hope they will make 4 OHMS versions too to match my Eden WT800 head :bassist:

Here in Italy they're just come out with the F500, the NY604, a new lightweight 1x12" called NY121 (400W, 13.3kg), and a new amp called TSA500 wich is basically the SA450 head with 2 preamps (1 tube and 1 solid-state with a blend control for mixing), switch pre/post EQ, etc. This amp is a signature model signed by a popular italian bassist ("Faso"), so i don't know if it will be exported to you U.S. cousins :confused:

F500:

[​IMG]

NY121:

[​IMG]

TSA500 "Faso" signature:

[​IMG]