Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's up with Acme?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basstrader, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Hmmm, just curious I guess.

I haven't heard anything about Acme building new products in years. Their web site hasn't changed a bit since I first saw it in 1997 (well, that might be a stretch). Anyone hear anything from Andy Lewis about new products? How about a 1x12 Andy? :eek:

2. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I think andy's a 10" only guy b/c he likes thier quicker response. I wouldn't hold your breath on him making a 1x12" any time soon. Now if he were to make an ultralight version of his cabs...

3. I admire Andy for avoiding being trendy with the offering du jour.

It seems the market is tiring of those "old 10s" and now hungering for something new to GAS about: 12s. This is the same market that snubs 15s in favor of 10s, but is willing to turn around and embrace the 12" compromise.

Go figure.

IMO, the marketing departments stir up discontent on a regular basis to market new products. As for Acme, there is (always) a segment of the market looking for 10" drivers in a HiFi configuration. The Acme fill the requirement.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    yea, why mess with a good thing? ;)

but if anything, since the company's inception, he has listened to his customer base in getting better handles, nicer looking grill, etc. so, if there was enough clamour, he's smart enough to listen.