1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's up with all the clubs?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Peter Parker, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Anybody else think all the clubs on this site are getting out of hand? Nordy club, Sadowsky clun, Skjold club, Lull club...etc This seems like pre-teen behavior what with all the numbers being assigned and such. What makes an adult want to belong to club and pratically beg for a number? Maybe it's just me but mark my words, I'll never belong to a club:)

2. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I think they're silly too.

M

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I am a member of the "I Hate Clubs Club" I think.

I find them as annoying the "Show your (bass/amp like I just got)" threads. Indeed a waste of resources.

4. I personally can't wait for a "basses with output jacks" club...boy that will be sweet. I hope I can be #17

Fingers crossed.

5. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    And with that sir, you got sig'd.

6. I am totally honored, yyyyYESsssss!

7. I was joking in the 50+ Basses club (I only have 5) that I was just going to start The Bass Club

8. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Thank God I'm not alone. I won't even be a part of the club for those that hate clubs. I saw in one club where the member sold his bass, ie the ticket to get in the club, and then asked the other members if it would be alright if he suspended his membership and kept his number because he would be getting another at some point in the future. This I believe was asked in all seriousness. Crazy and very geeky.

9. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I like how each thread has a wealth of information in one place. It beats seeing 100 different posts about the same brand of basses. There is also a sence of community within the club threads. After all, I view TB as a community, and it's nice to become friendly with others who own a similiar (of completely different) bass.

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    To each their own... The only thing worse than a lame club is when TBers have multiple user names.

11. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Nah, I can think of worse things. But we'll keep it civil.

12. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Good idea for a club Nino. "The one username TalkBass member club!!"

13. I think I want to start the Club-less Club.

14. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Why start now? :D

15. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I'm starting the "Peter Parker Is a Hater" club. I'm #1.

Kidding, I'm with you. Never understood the benefits of belonging to a club in a forum.

Outside TB, though, in real life, I still belong to the Hello Kitty club.

Attached Files:

16. I started a fretted basses club, but it didnt take off :help:

17. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I may get in on that. On second thought, I may start a "I hate Peter Parker" club. Should be pretty popular.

18. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I always thought the clubs were a good way to keep like-minded posts in one place, and not to bother the rest of the world with 100 threads about the same basses. At least with the clubs, you can check out info on what you want, and avoid the ones that don't appeal to you. Maybe it's just me though :)

19. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    It also keeps those the like to swoon over their gear contained to one area as well ;) :bag: :D

20. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    +1, its great to get help if you have a problem as well.