1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What's up with kids today part deux

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by stratovani, Mar 12, 2013.

1. I work as a cashier at my local WallyWorld. In my line yesterday was a family with a teenage daughter, and she was buying three CDs, two of which were of today's forgettable music, and the other being The Beatles' Hard Days Night. I was very surprised to see this, so I asked her Mom what that was about. She told me her daughter loved The Beatles, and she was learning to play guitar. Very heartwarming indeed! I told her daughter that as a teenager I learned to play guitar to Beatles music, and that she should do the same, being fun and simple to play and learn to.

I guess not all kids today are bad. Some actually have their heads screwed on straight! :)

2. 4dog

4dog

Aug 18, 2012
    Please, besides this young lady point to one.
    And besides my sons of course.
    Now, point to one.

3. Mr L

Mr L

Jul 22, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Being still in my teens I'd like to put it on record my favorite band is the Beatles and the first song I learned on bass was "taxman"

Id like to think of teenagers as dogs, some of us growl and bite when you get close. But others are regular well behaved creatures.

4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    But all of you should be kept on a leash, per local municipalities HMC 7.04.130 and 7.04.150 of the Henderson Municipal Code.

5. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Noted. I think putting a leash on both of my daughters (14 and 8) is a good idea...for different reasons.

6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I am right this very minute sitting in front of a class of 24 teenagers, in NYC. I will ask how many of them listen the Beatles...

Oh, I'm subbing for this class, or I wouldn't be able to do this...

zero

I'll ask who's most popular....

Drake.

I don't even know who Drake is.

I bet they wonder what's up with adults these days.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Will your impression of this great young girl change if you find her sitting on the hood of your car? Or is that going to be OK since she likes the Beatles?

-Mike

8. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Sighted bumper sticker:

"Sit on my car and I'll kick yer ass. Unless you listen to the Beatles, then its okay."

9. I take it one case at a time. It's never OK to sit on the hood of a car, no matter who you are, unless it's your own car. I imagine you'd feel the same way I do. Right?

10. Yes, I get occasional glimmers of hope from young people. A few weeks ago there was a 17 year old playing alto sax at the local jazz jam, and he was just BURNING.

11. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I hope you doused him with water. Unless it was an oil fire, of course.

12. LOL! :D

13. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    In high school, the kids I knew who liked Beatles were generally entitled brat closet hippies. :bag:

14. Maybe it was a pressure moment. :D

15. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    The first thing that came to my mind after reading your post:

As work appropriate as you'd expect an early 90's Ice Cube song about venereal disease to be.

16. I'd rather listen to braindrill than the beatles. guess there is no hope for me.

17. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    :rollno:

18. Nah. I roasted a mashmallow over him and made s'mores.

19. 4dog

4dog

Aug 18, 2012
    And some of yall pee on yourselves when ya did something wrong.