Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

whats up with soares'y

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by danman, Aug 25, 2005.

1. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
  2. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    :eek: man, THAT is one cool bass

3. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    I like it too, but I want someone else to buy the first one.

4. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    Bump....Bueller......
    I think I saw a 23" scale bass from this company.

www.soaresyguitars.com
    This is not an advertisement... I might have to take the plunge. these things look great.
    danman

5. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
  6. I live, and am in Portugal right now, I'll go check it out and then let you guys know.

7. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    AWESOME.

This place is too cool.
    Thx bassline.

danman

8. Well, oddly enough, independantly of how cool this place is, the store is in New York. So, you go!

9. rkgtech

rkgtech

Sep 16, 2007
    new york city
    I am seriously considering it. After having played a few ABGs at stores, and being kinda dissappointed at the performance (my budget is <$500), I decided to take a look at this one.

Archtops are supposedly louder than flattops right?

Thanks guys

10. I'd pass if I were you. I bought a mandocello from them, and it's unplayable.

11. the item is now removed... sounds fishy (or smells if you wanna be picky)...

12. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I've had my eye on them for a long time. If you see something you're really interested in, though, I'd jump on it. Their stock is always different, and it seems like some stuff never comes back again.

13. Baird6869

Baird6869 LET'S GO BLUE JAYS...(in 2016)...LET'S GO!!

+1 on how cool this place is....
    -1 on how much $$$ this stupid TB has cost me in the last year!:crying: ;) :D

14. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Most of the thread is from a couple of years ago.

15. rkgtech

rkgtech

Sep 16, 2007
    new york city
    shew! thanks much man.. well, actually, i have already signed up to go play it to check it out, so I guess I will do that at least.. it turned up on ebay and i really wanted a decent ABG. After reading all the threads, I realised that there isn't much out there for <500 anyway, so figured might as well give this a shot. I am going to try the fretless and he suggested that I also try out the resonator dobro 5 string.

Man, I really want a 5 string (only cos I am a lazy player and prefer more strings - has nothing to do with my chops) ABG that is louder than a TV in the living room..

i will let you guys know. i like his concept, need to see if it works well (at least for me)

16. brundaddy

brundaddy

Dec 22, 2010
    Ok this is years and years after the orig post but... I bought one and it kicks ass. 34" scale and everything, cool as hell, plays real real nice. I don't pick up my slab bass any more. I posted a long, rambling review somewhere in here.