What's up with Steinberger?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FishDub, Oct 17, 2016.

1. FishDub

FishDub Stuck in the 80s and happy about it Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Ok so I have owned my 2 Xl2s for years now and I recall when trying to locate one it was nearly impossible. Not so much here on TB, but on EBay, I see at least 10 for sale. On reverb, I see 15! What's up!? Now please be aware that I'm talking about L2s and XLs, not clones or imports, or even the other American XM or XP. I remember it seemed just recently we didn't see these for sale at all, maybe one or two every month or so..however, I have to say that some of the prices Just seem ridiculous, especially the ones that are being shipped from Japan. What do you all think is happening with these basses? I know the 80s are over with but I just think it's amazing to see so many for sale nowadays.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  2. NealBass

NealBass Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Ontario
  3. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Bring Back Edit/Delete Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    The prices for sale are ridiculous. The prices for ones that actually sell seem reasonable.

I think the Japanese sellers are taking their cue from the purple pillows which are fully refurb/restored basses.

FishDub likes this.
  4. FishDub

Jun 12, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Good point.

5. FishDub

Jun 12, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
  6. FishDub

Jun 12, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    There still seems to be a "hike" in overall availability not being shipped from Japan..

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021