1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What's up with these strangly priced lucite basses that pop up on the 'bay?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gorn, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
  2. I don't know that I'd trust a $1200 Jazz Bass copy form eBay, no matter what it's made of.

3. ejmy

ejmy

Nov 30, 2008
    I've checked in his feedback and the last one he sold was for $209.98 no $1,209.98. Has to be a mistake cause the listing says 54 sold. Certainly not at $1,209.98. LOL

4. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I sent him a message but got no response. I've seen this bass for one tenth of $209.98, $209.98, and ten times $209.98.
    This price seems to have a wandering decimal.

5. ejmy

ejmy

Nov 30, 2008
    REPLY FROM THE SELLER :

Dear ejmy,

the price for this guitar increased, because the factory don't make it anymore.

- kukufashion

6. I am sure they will make more.... go on madeinchina.com and you can find them. Shipping is probably more than the bass

7. Joe 1956

Joe 1956 Banned

Nov 23, 2012
    Tennessee
    "Sorry we are not set up for local pickups"??

8. BBox Bass

BBox Bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Pennsylvania
    If anyone wants one of these basses, I have one I don't play because at 12.5 pounds, it's too heavy. Sounds good, though.

9. It's a total scam. Same thing popped up months ago but the price was like fifty bucks. A whole thread full of people (myself included) jumped on it and a day later, eBay nixed the sales.

Something about a scammer somehow stealing user's accounts or creating a false history. I dunno.

BEWARE

I want to eject these types into space SO bad, preferably towards the sun.

10. For a lucite guitar or bass, that's feather-light.

11. Flabass

Flabass

Aug 11, 2008
    St. Petersburg
    Yes, I remember that fiasco. Did anyone ever buy one and get it shipped?