Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's up with this (is it?) Valenti?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. PhunkyPants, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
  2. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Well it sure does have a Valenti sticker...

3. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    It doesn't look as clean inside of the electronic chamber. I wonder if this is a really early model.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I know Nino put stickers on his basses before he was actually making them for others.

This was most likely one of his old basses.

5. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I'm confused if the seller is trying to say that he put this together, or if he bought the bass used (possibly from nino) and just modded it. If it hasn't been done, someone should put this to Nino so he can verify it or not. I know if I had heard the name Valenti but didn't know about his basses much and then saw this, I wouldn't be impressed.

"but I never bought new knobs since I never really adjusted the sound much" :eyebrow:

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    And the sticker is peeling off. What's up with that.

Nino? Oh, Nino!

[​IMG]

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

It's a MIK import Valenti.

:D :bag: :D

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    This was a bass I built for myself a long time ago, and as James mentioned, I just put a sticker on it. It seems like the seller removed it and tried to put it back on, though.

When I owened the bass it had an OBP-1 preamp in it. I think the seller I sold it to (Bassnote6, I think) took the preamp and electronics out before he sold it. Here is the control cavitly when I owned it:

[​IMG]

9. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    $700 to start the bidding with an $850 "Buy It Now" option?

Man, I don't know....that seems pretty high for one of Nino's old basses that's obviously been hacked since he sold it.

And what's a "trust rode adjustment"? Apparently there is some wear there. ;)

10. M5Yates

M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
    It looks like he might have moved the OBP-1 to the Fender Deluxe Jazz he is selling.

Or maybe not:
    [​IMG]

11. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    That's the only bad thing about selling your own basses. Someone could buy it, do a hack job on it, and then sell it again as it is. Even though it's been modded it still has your name on it.