1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's up with this job offer?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Guiseppe, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    I've received a few of these from different places that have gotten my resume off of monster.com. Seems to me like it must be a sham - have any of you ever heard of anything like this? Is this a scam????

We looked through your skills and became sure that you correspond to our requirements.[SIZE=-2]MTc5 Yj[/SIZE]

Job scheme will comprise the following:
    1. You receive payments from our customers (By checks, Money orders e.t.c)
    2. Than you fill forms with details of received payments in your Internet Office 3. Transfer money to our main office by requested methods.
    Your earning will be 8 % of the amount of each completed payment please answer this message with your Сontact Infomation and Attach your Resume to e-mail.
    Additionally we are going to effect you $ 1500 as your salary at the end of each month.[SIZE=-2]YjZk YjUz[/SIZE]

Required skills to start this job:[SIZE=-2]OWRi YzNi[/SIZE]

- Honesty, responsibility and promptness in operations;[SIZE=-2]YmM zNTJ[/SIZE]

- Prior customer service experience is a good benefit;[SIZE=-2]MTY 0Mz[/SIZE]

- Internet and e-mail skills; Experience in online work;[SIZE=-2]NTM3 Zjkx[/SIZE]

- Good communications skills[SIZE=-2]ZD I0Mm[/SIZE]

In addition we will be able to offer you $ 2500 as a monthly payment after completion of the trial period.[SIZE=-2]ZmVi OW[/SIZE]

In case you are interested in the position, please register at our web site and get there futher instructions.[SIZE=-2]MT NlM[/SIZE]

IF YOU WISH TO JOIN OUR TEAM PLEASE REPLY THIS EMAIL

2. Sounds like a scam if I ever heard one.

3. Looks like it's from the same guy who keeps telling my my relatives are dropping like flies in Nigeria.

4. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    If you can't tell it's a scam...I wouldn't hire you.

5. This is how (I suppose!) it works.

SOme dude sends you payments, you receive and use your money to send to your employer (same dude who sent you the money) check bounces/payment is fraudulent, your out of pocket.

6. +1

7. c_joseph_lier

c_joseph_lier

Aug 7, 2007
    UM ... yeah, file that with your UK lottery Email ...
    Plus, I received a Monster.com email a while back, and it warned of scammers "acting" like thay were Monster but they weren't ... check the return addy ...

8. appears to be a money laundering operation, a highly lucrative one too.