1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's up with...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ShredderMaximus, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Everyone adding their name to the end of their posts? Granted, some of you peeps have been doing it forever and you guys are excused, but it seems a lot more people are doing it now. Do they think that we have such short attention spans that by the end of reading their posts, we had forgotten? Or even care? Should I be insulted? I really don't want to miss a good chance to be insulted if I can help it.

Not so sincerely,
    ShredderMaximus

2. I think it is just a way to show that you are polite and sincere.

- Eric

3. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    i'm not sure

-Thomas

4. I wonder if this would work in real life then, hmmmm.

"No officer, I did not take the cookies. Sheddermaximus."

I'm gonna try it.

5. Between all the forums that I visit, I have done it probably 50,000 times (not an exaggeration). It is automatic now, have almost sent a few work emails with it.

lowsound

6. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    That's why I do it.

- Jamal

7. I think lowsound was the original signature poster. I'd miss it if he didn't do it. The others are just copycats.

8. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

I post to forums much like I would write a letter to drop in the snail mail. I'm an old school fuddy-duddy eccentric (slightly out of round and off center) traditionalist who enjoys civil, polite conversation that is clear and easy to understand. In other words, I'm a square. (Do the kids still use that term?) ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

9. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
  10. I tend to do it when using PM or when asking questions or advice. Just seems polite to not be hidden behind an internet username.

-Will

11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I do not do this.

- Simon

12. I honestly started doing it because I wanted people to refer to me as "lowsound" not "iamlowsound" when talking to/about me. I am unsure if that goal has been accomplished.

lowsound

13. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

I don't know either.

Shemp Howard

14. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Not so much on public forums but If a person I don't know (IE Craigslist responder) sends me an email without a Salutation, Introduction and Valediction, my level of wanting to deal with them diminishes slightly.

Judge if you like but if complete stranger expects me to meet them in person; put my mind at ease that you aren't a complete berk to deal with. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect someone to type a little "Hi, My Name is ______, I'm interested in the ______ you have listed on CL. Blah Blah Blah, ~Cheers".

15. Mr. Phoenix? Is that you???
    x0m0bYH.

16. I don't know if I ever noticed your user name wasn't lowsound. It worked I guess.

17. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    Kenny

-carrots

18. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    I like cats.

- Shane

19. MartinG1957

MartinG1957 You can never have too many bones....

Aug 5, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    No one could ever guess my name otherwise.
    Yours
    Hamish

20. Yes & in heart felt threads like the "condolence" ones.

~David