What's with all the clubs?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I've been noticing that we seem to have a bunch of "clubs" forming lately. I've seen the Fender MIA club thread, the Fender MIM club, Warwick club, Wishbass club, Spector club, Schecter club…

So, yeah - The question is: Is there a CIJ Fender club thread yet? I looked (yay! Search is back) but didn't see any. I just wanted to check before I go starting a Fender Japan Club thread.

2. I made the thread, but someone else is handing out the numbers.

Search for MIJ club. ;)

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Haha, its nothing really. Just internet goof ball stuff. it means nothing more than you are a fanboy for your particular brand of instrument.

4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001

Oh, I know... But I want to be in a club! I just picked up my second Japan Fender, so I'm starting to feel like a bit of a fanboy myself. Being the internet goof ball that I am, I took a bunch of pictures last night and I'm trying to find an appropriate thread to post them in. :p

5. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Haha, I love my MIJ '75 RI, so I know where you are coming from. If there is no MIJ club, we'll make one!

edit: found it: http://talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264394&highlight=fender+club

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Clubs? What clubs? :confused:

7. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic here, or really don't know about all the fanboy club threads for different makes and models of basses.

8. woodchucks not in a club, hes in a "union". Oh and wheres the made in korea club for my cort?

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    We're lonely

10. jimb213

jimb213

Nov 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Yup. we's unionized, compartmentalized, hysterized, legitimized, and legalized. Not to mention bonafied. :p

11. Well, is there a place where the clubless can get clubbed?

12. emils

emils

Jul 28, 2005
    Croatia
    We'll start " Bass players that don't fall for all the marketing pressure" club.

13. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Humans like to divide themselves. :)

14. thats what i was about to say--all the clubs are eventually going to start a war about which side of the bread we should butter ;)

15. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Pff, everyone knows you're supposed to butter the top.

Moron.

;)

16. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

[​IMG]

17. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    Nice try Everett, but you can't be bonafide unless you spell it right:p

18. "It's high time that you knew of the terribly horrible thing that Zooks do. In every Zook house and every Zook town every Zook eats his bread with the butter side down!"

19. Meet me in the club, it's going down.

20. NamelessOne

NamelessOne

Mar 9, 2006
    Calgary, AB
    What about the baby seal club?

:bag:

also, isn't it warwick club owner #XX, not member?

I need to start a "my gear sucks" club... I'm member #1!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021