1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's with all the clubs?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Growler, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Growler

Growler

Sep 26, 2004
    <rant>

Ok, so I've been here for a while (not as long as some, but long enough) to see the "Club" threads over and over again.

Probably today alone I've seen:

P-bass club
    J-bass club
    Sadowsky club
    Custom bass waiting club
    Black n maple club
    natural finish club
    80s club
    pre-EBMM club
    Bongo club
    ugliest bass club
    Lefties Club
    Korg Tuner Club
    Black Hardware Club
    Flats Club
    5er club
    6er club
    Frankenbass Club

Holy cr*p, this is a lot of clubs. How many clubs can one belong to with a single bass? If I built a 5er bass using parts from the 80s in the style of a P-bass using black n maple paint/headstock as a lefty I think I could below to about 7 different clubs with the same bass.

and then after about 500 posts, we start the same clubs over and over again. Why doesn't someone put in the title of the thread the iteration number of the thread. For example, how about "P-bass Club continued 50." Surely with the number of posts on these threads, one could assume that there must be about 10k Sadowskys owned by people on this board.

Yeesh, and what kills me is that we get posts with, "Hey everybody I just put on flatwounds, here's a picture of my bass with rounds and another one with flats." Unless you put on pink or zebra striped strings. We can't tell what the new strings are at 1024x768 resolution.

</rant>

2. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    you should start the "don't click on club threads" club...

3. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    Growler, go have a lie down.
    :eyebrow:

;)

Wait, there is a Korg Tuner Club. :hyper: LOL

4. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    I see the clubs as a kind of statement of who you are. I see no use being a club member and don't have that in your sig though.

I should perhaps join the Fender Jazz Bass club... :)

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

People like organizing into groups. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.