1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What's with all the stingrays and mm's for sale?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fleabee, Apr 19, 2006.

1. What's with all the stingrays and mm's for sale? It seems like every other bass for sale lately are them? Are people getting bored with the sound??? whats goin on

2. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Flea's playing Fenders now.

3. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    he stopped playing EBMMs a LONG time ago.

i think its the newer double pup rays that people want to try out. i guess they are selling their single pups to pay for their double pups.

unless...

they're all going to get bongos:bag:

4. I liked flea's wal sound best..but then again i like every wal recording

5. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I'd be thinking because of the double bucks, H/J and Bongo's.

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Because there are a lot of them out there.

7. i think it's just like the tide...now it is all EBMM, before that i remember seeing every other FS thread selling their warwick, before that i saw a lot of fenders...selling your EBMM is the trendy thingto do right now :)

but i am not complaining...it gives some of us people a chance to get a good price on a higher-end bass :)

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    +1. I'm waiting for the Sadowsky dump!

*still holding breath*

C'mon guys, anyday now.

9. I see a lot of Warwick Thumbs for sale...hardly ever see any other model (except the Corvette)...is this a novelty thing where people buy it and then get tired of it?? The Thumb has that really distinctive sound...

10. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I'd say people figured out Flea recorded most of BSSM with a Wal. :p

11. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Alot of guys I know, and to a certain degree I'll include myself, search for a more versatile pickup/electronics setup than the one on the Stingray, which IMO is a 'one-trick tone pony', although its a damn good one. I got rid of mine long ago after playing a real Tobias, which was like having 4 distinctive basses in one georgeous, infinitely playable package.

All that being said, I'm perfectly comfortable on that other one-tricker: big daddy P!!!!

12. wasn't there a big metro dump a while back?
    i remember someone posting a thread just like this one asking what is wrong with sadowsky metros

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I think you're right.

14. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep, I remember the Metro dump. A Shame I was broke then.

I think the EBMM dump is due to the new double pup models.

15. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I'm looking forward to a Sadowsky dump when i have enough money to afford one. I'd go for an Epifani 1X10 or 1X12 dump here in a few months [if things go well-i'll be getting an AI/Epifani rig].

I have to say-if i had the money to pickup one of these Ray5s that are goin for cheap [i haven't saw em yet]-i'd jump on it even if it was just to pickup another one to have setup with flats.

16. Indeed.

You won't see me sell my Sterling though.

Ever.