1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's with basspartsresource.com?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by canopener, Jul 17, 2007.

1. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    A few of weeks ago, I ordered 4 Fender Lefty Tuners which came in timely fashion. However, one of them didn't come with the mounting hardware. Over the last 2.5 weeks, I have called in and even emailed (two each) and haven't gotten a response...no call backs, no e-mail replies. Are these guys still around? Anyone else having issues contacting them?

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Bump. Anybody have any success/failures trying to get a hold of them?

3. yeah. i bought i pickguard replacement. which was the wrong one!!! and now i cant return it and they wont call me back, answer e-mails. nothing!!! what do we do?

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and order a new part elsewhere. I've been in situations before where I was delivered a wrong/broken item, and after leaving messages or e-mail, they (not basspartsresource.com) sent out a replacement without any response. But after a couple of weeks of calling, I don't think I'm going to be offered the same from Bass Parts Resource.

...I guess you can always try to put the pickguard up on e-bay or somethin.

5. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    They are the cheapest I've found, but I've heard there's no use in even trying to contact them. I haven't had any problems and ordered a lot, but I guess it's a gamble...

6. i e mailed them with a geddy question and got no responce. i went with warmoth.

7. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    You know, I can deal with poor customer service, but no customer service really get's me going. From the responses so far, it doesn't look like I'll be ordering from them ever again!

8. well...i'm not just gonna let that happen. they scamed me, and you too. we have to let other players know not to buy from them, i would sure appreciate it if someone told me not to use them. i'm wondering if we could contact the better business bureau, or something? maybe just post a thread telling everyone not to use that company! they owe me 20 bucks!!

whoever runs this forum!! let it be known, bass parts resource is a scam. do not use them, ever.

9. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    I think...you just did. :D

Thanks for the heads up.

10. I have only ever had positive experiences with them, but I have never had to call or email about anything either

11. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    That's the thing! My order arrived pretty quick...but I didn't get a complete order. It doesn't sound like I'm the only one who's had a problem. I guess the odds are still in your favor to order, but buyer beware. If something doesn't come to you the way you ordered, expect to drop more cash on the same order elsewhere.

12. choo5

choo5

Apr 15, 2004
    sydney, australia
    I was doing a big order from them soon for some hardware (for a fender bass) but not now, thanks for the headsup.

13. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I have ordered parts from them in the past, and in my (I think) two orders I got the parts in a semi-timely manner.

I have, however, emailed them and _never_ gotten a response. That always bugged me.