1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Whats with Peavey Basses sold at Peavey Direct?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bebass, Jun 3, 2014.

1. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    ShoMeMusic.com; Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Darkglass, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Quilter, Blackstar, Cort, Traynor, and other
    Have they totally cut out the middleman, no more dealers, and now charging wholesale prices direct to the public? Excuse me if this is dated - I haven't looked at Peavey's website in over 10 years ha ha

Millenium AC4 black violet list $649, priced at $329.
    Not a bad looking bass for that price.

2. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Jan 22, 2012
    Garner, NC
    Or you could buy it from GC and save 15% on a holiday...

3. bebass

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    ShoMeMusic.com; Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Darkglass, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Quilter, Blackstar, Cort, Traynor, and other
    I called and the sale goes to the nearest dealer that has one. What I can't figure out is how the dealer makes any money at 329 on a 649 guitar.
    GC doesn't have these where I live. They have very few basses.
    I wasn't specifically looking for one as I have a USA Cirrus but ran across this while looking. I guess that is the new standard price for these?

4. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    $329 brand new is a great price on a bass like this.

5. bebass

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Sounds like it.
    I just got burned purchasing a Sterling ray4 shipped to me that was supposed to be new and set up but instead was used and unplayable. So it got returned. I would't mind having a bass that I could have out on the porch and just lean in on the side of the house without freaking out - I would never do that with my USA Cirrus.
    I would think this Peavey may be a better buy than the Sterling but haven't seen or played one so can't say.