What's with the searching here?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 98dvl, Mar 14, 2002.

1. 98dvl

Jan 31, 2002
    OK, first off, I know I'm new, and I know that this site is a great source of information....

But, what the heck is up with searching for something on this site???

It seems like every time I want to do a search, I get a message on the lines of

"Sorry, but the server is too busy right now to process your request. Please try again in five minutes (Hitting refresh won't help you any and will only make the server busier)."

Up in the corner, it says how many people are online.... Usually, there are at most 2 people logged in.

What exactly is bogging down the server? Is it running something else as well???

OK, I just wanted to vent, and maybe get some feedback as to why that always seems to happen (it can be frustrating sometimes).

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    the thing your looking at shows how many people are logged in to live chat. There are usually over 100 people logged in at a time.
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, the thing up in the corner is that chat room. go to the _Forums_ link up top of the page, and click. you'll see the total number of folks on at any one time, surfing the boards.

for instance, right now there's 103.