What's with these numbskulls?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hategear, Jan 5, 2003.

1. You're tough as nails and just itching to prove it.

15 vote(s)
  2. You're dumb as a post and you don't care who knows it.

24 vote(s)
  3. Other (please explain, I'm dumb as a post).

6 vote(s)
  1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    It's January and cold as an Eskimo's ankles here in Wisconsin and yet I see one or two guys every week wearing shorts while they're outside. The other day, I saw a kid walking with his mother and he had no jacket on! It was 18-degrees for the cry-eye! I have to ask, are people tougher than they used to be, or are they just plain stupid? Help!
  2. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    I see a lot of people doing that in my Junior High. I can bet they're stupid.
  3. plain stupid

like me! :D
  4. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Yup. People are getting dumber...
  5. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
  6. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Plain stupid...and the mother should be shot for not making that child put proper clothing on. My daughter fights with me b/c I make her wear a jacket when its 50 outside!!! Man, these people.
  7. i wear shorts almost everyday. rarely jackets; i do have one or two good hooded sweatshirts, though.
    i don't get cold easily. as i've stated before, i'm pretty fat. so i have a lot of extra insulation, and don't get very cold unless it's REALLLLLLY f'n cold out.
    you know when they plow mall and supermarket parking lots, and there're those HUGE piles of snow? i play in those wearing shorts and a sweatshirt. good times!
  8. Clothes are for weaklings.

I agree with superfreak, any mother who isn't annoying as hell and horribly embarrasing for their kids is not a good mother.

9. Oliphaunt

May 30, 2002
    Usually, it's because I'm just too lazy, but once it was because I had my pants stolen when I was in gym, and had to wear my gym shorts.
  10. I always wear shorts in the winter and I live in Canada!!!
    It is rare for me to get cold and its only if my hands are.
  11. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I found that there are a lot of Wisconsinites that aren't as temperature-sensitive as the rest of the normal world.
  12. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

not me! i guess it depends on how long i'm going to be outside, if not long i'll just wear a hoodie but if i'm walking to class its jeans, hoodie, columbia jacket (both layers) hat, hood, and gloves.

i'm a weenie.
  13. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Naw man, I'm talking northern Wisconsin. Those people are downright silly. Practically Canadians.
  14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Youngsters are immune to the cold. It's only when you reach your late 20's that you don't bounce back up when you fall.
  15. I'm as skinny as a rail, and for some reason, I have a high resitence to cold. I hate hot. But cold weather, it's like I'm invincible or something. Even it it's around twenty degrees, I can just walk with a T-shirt.
  16. Yep dumb alright..Get this, it was like 82 degrees here today and I saw some kid wearing long pants, and they were cords too!:confused:

17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I don't wear a coat when it's 20 and people think I'm crazy... 18 degrees... now that's just insane!
  18. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    One funny/interesting thing that I found when I was living in northern China last year (read "arctic China" ...30 to 40 degrees below zero in winter) was that over there it's not cold until the gov't says it's cold.

They don't turn on heaters and radiators and stuff until this first official day that is proclaimed way in advance regardless of the weather. Also, they thought we were strange for wearing warm hats and gloves before that day. Then they put on like 20 layers of clothing and dress like that until the gov't-ordained day in which it is officially no longer supposed to be cold (once again this day is decided way in advance). Kinda funny. It would be a nice day in early spring/late winter (it was a short and milder winter last year) and I'd be wearing just a long sleeve shirt or a light jacket and you'd see some lady with her kid wrapped up in this huge down body suit and she'd have on 7 layers of long johns.

Conversation between my friend and one of his Chinese students on a cold day in which he was wearing a warm hat (but before the official "first cold day"):

Student: In China we only wear this kind of hat in the winter.
    Friend: In America we wear this kind of hat when our heads are cold.

brad cook
  19. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    ROFLMAO....Sorry, man, I am tired, and this struck funny, hope I didn't hurt your fellings.;)
  20. getting your stuff stolen in gym SUCKS!