What's with this MuTron?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Phat Ham, May 2, 2002.

1. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
  2. Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    Want to know what's wrong with that MuTron? Look at all the writing (the manual was obvious, but the words on the pedal are backwards as well.) And since when has 10 been on the left side of the knob?
  3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    It's a left handed model :D
  4. why did they put the photo in reverse ?
  5. THAT is a ridiculous price for an AC mutron. I own one already and paid far more for it than $275....a total score. I beleive there are a number of NOS AC-'Tron's on Ebay right now. A sweet deal. Even it it is a left handed model...
  6. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

There is a guy I know who works at a music store in RI. (Near the location listed.) He bought all the remaining stock of Mutron gear from the company that bought out Mustronics. (All AC powered Mutrons are post Musitronics according to him.) He has something like 28 Mutrons, 10 Octave Dividers, a bunch of Phasers, etc. He never wanted to sell any of them. (He is a bit excentric.) Anyway, i wonder if he has finally decided to dump them! If so, you are getting a really awesome deal!
  7. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Must... resist... temptation... to bid!!! :eek:
  8. Give in! Any self respecting filter-junkie HAS to own a Mutron at one point in their days. My AC 'Tron is handy, well built and hassle free. A regular one requires that pesky bi-polar add-on for external power..there is no other substitute. This is a crazy price....
  9. oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    I know, I know... I'm kinda holding out for a Moogerfooger, though, and I already have a Q-Tron. [Not in the same league as the original, but it kinda covers the same sonic territory....]

10. A Qtron is not a Mutron, it has so many options that it can be quite finicky. I went the "multi-faceted" filter approach B4 ala' the Meatball and the Chunk Agent 00Funk. These were great boxes but VERY tricky to operate. the beauty of the Mutron is that with very few options you can get a multitude of tones. the EBS BassIQ is like that. "Cutoff freq," "attack", "decay", "range";tons of options a great filter does not make. I have owned dozens and for me, simpler is definitely better. That MoogerFooger will not do a "down" mode either..
    I guarrantee that the AC-Tron will get all the same places...only quicker. Of course..I use no less than FIVE filters in my setup, including two Mutrons, so make of that what you will!
  11. oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Well, if I can't snag the Moogerfooger, and the Mutrons are still available.... :D :D :D