1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's with?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by TroyK, Jul 18, 2007.

1. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    ...all of the random off-topic threads being started in the "basses" forum lately?

And, what's with the regulars in that forum not calling people out for it? I'm not a fixture in that forum and since no one who is has objected, I decided not to do any sniping, but what gives?

My guess is that it's just the top forum, so newbes wonder in and post "what type of car should I get?" "I've got back problems" etc there instead of reading the forum descriptions or doing a search.

So that explains them, but are we a more tolerant TBDB than we used to be or are we on the eve of some snappin' over there?

-tk

2. Daniel L.

Daniel L. Guest

Aug 30, 2002
    This post belongs in the 'bass' section. Oh Moderator!

:bag:

3. The place just isn't the same since the incident a few months ago. Sure, sometimes folks were too blunt but life is pretty blunt.

4. TroyK

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks Daniel. Hey, by the way, have you ever heard of Thomsastick something? It's a type of string I think. Should I get them for my bass? The strings I have give me blisters and don't keep time very well.

Why don't you shut your *&$% pie hole? ;-)

5. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I use Carmex.

6. Daniel L.

Daniel L. Guest

Aug 30, 2002
    Never heard of them. Must be an off brand. Just go to Guitar Center and get whatever they recommend.

:bag:

7. Careful, you'll damage my fragile self-esteem. :D

8. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    This thread gives me gas.

No...I'm serious.

9. TroyK

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Just posted in the Basses forum.

"DB in a prius

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Folks
    Another car question- how well does a DB fit in the back of a prius?
    thanks"

Maybe I need to update the FAQs

Why is no one snapping? I don't live there and I want to snap.