What's wrong with Gwen Stefani?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Vorago, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Seriously, I used to dig No Doubt, good bassplayer and basslines, but nowadays I see Gwen Stefani in an "Alice in Wonderland" outfit, a couple of weeks later in a pirate outfit :eyebrow: What's with all these japanese girls anyway?
    Plus, the chances of No Doubt getting together again are pretty small imo.

Too bad :scowl:
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I've never been a huge No Doubt fan although they have some cool songs. However, I was very surprised to see Gwen Stefani performing solo on Saturday Night Live with...BACKUP DANCERS?!

brad cook
  3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Gwen has been steadily moving towards teeny-pop for the past few years. My friend and I were listening to "Rocksteady" right when it came out. I didn't know who it was, I asked her if she was listening to Britney Spears. She said no, it's No Doubt. Then my brow furrowed.

Her single was really weak, she has a really good voice, and the production was alright, but the lyrics blew.
  4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    What's wrong with Gwen Stefani?

Not a thing, she's hot! :p

Seriously though, I think her manager and the big record execs are pushing her in that direction. Its all about the money with them.

Ofcourse she could be just trying out something different for awhile and/or feels she can compete with Brittney, Christina, and the other so-called pop divas. :meh: Who knows. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now but I hope she puts out something thats worth listening to soon.
  5. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    The Orange County girl has gone Hollywood.
  6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    she's hot.

who cares?

7. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    sorry for the pun but , she doesnt have the benefit of the doubt anymore :scowl:
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    What's wrong with her? She's not sleeping with me, that's the problem.
  9. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I couldn't care less about her. What I want to know is if the band is going to be doing any more material? Singers suck, they should go get another one and just chug out more great music!

10. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    If she were a president, she'd be Babe-raham Lincoln.

I think the dance-ish progression that No Doubt went down was pretty cool. Did y'all want them to keep playing second-rate ska for the rest of their lives?
  11. i like her solo stuff.

but i do miss no doubt.
  12. there is more money in pop compared to ska. the record execs probably made her do it.
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    No Doubt got popular, peaked, and went away. Stefani jumped ship and let her bandmates disappear into oblivion. Smart businesswoman if you ask me. That whole HP digital camera alliance was a smart move on her part.

Now I don't think it was cool to bail on her band, but she was smart to see the end of the bands music being cool.

14. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    Hella Good is the single most annoying song/phrase I've ever heard in my life.

And in my opinion, Gwen Stefani is just so-so. Sometimes she looks really hot, and other times she's the most unattractive girl around. Other girls who fit into this category: Beyonce, J-Lo.

At least Beyonce and J-Lo know they're disposable pop stars though.

Tragic Kingdom was a good album, though. And Bathwater was a good tune too. I dug it, anyway.

15. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification

Most of that great music you're talking about was written by Gwen...
  16. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Agreed she's hot, the vids do have a purpose after all :) also, her album is called Love Angel Music Baby, and her clothing line is called LAMB, coincidence? I think not.

And I thought that Hella Good was a nifty tune, produced by the Neptunes btw.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Do you guys think No Doubt is done making music?.
  18. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Hard to say, but no doubt (bahaha, sorry) No Doubt will be even more Gwen Stefani + band, so I doubt (damn) that the other bandmembers will dig that.
  19. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Really? That's pretty sweet in a sense if that's true, but bad in the sense that No Doubt would be done then as far as making music is concerned.

20. Rat

Mar 15, 2005
    Boston Sewers
    I seen an interview with her and she said, she just wanted to get this dance alblum out of her system....and that No Doubt will be back recording soon...