what's wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stephen S, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    In the past 44 hours I have slept for 15 mins!! I'm dead tired but everytime I close my eyes I get a burst of energy and no im not on drugs
  2. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    wrong forum my mistake
  3. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Sounds like a brain tumor to me.
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Physical activities (aka sports) help a lot against sleep problems.

I've found that dehydration also affects my sleep pattern - don't know if this is typical though.

I'd still recommend seeing a doctor. Are you feeling depressed lately?
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
  6. Lots of things are wrong with you. You come here, don't you?:D

Seriously, go see a doctor. 44 hours traight is WAY to long to be awake. You can start getting brain damage after, what, 72 hours up? The brain NEEDS to sleep.

Rock on
  7. 1. Don't drink *anything* with caffeine in it. No soda, tea, coffee etc. By preference drink plain water only.
    2. Don't eat anything with sugar in it. Sugar will cause you to pep up as it enters into your bloodstream.
    3. Don't eat any carbohydrates if at all possible. If not then keep that intake down to the barest minimum. Carbohydrates convert into sugar rapidly in the bloodstream.
    4. Don't eat any fruits, nuts or vegetables that contain any significant amount of sugar or carbohydrates in them. Lemons or grapefruit are ok, but apples or oranges are right out.
    5. Eat meat, preferably something like steak, pork loin/chops or chicken. The body has a more difficult time in digesting meat and it will actually take a considerable amount of energy to digest it. This is why you sometimes feel tired if you eat only a steak with nothing else. You won't feel it if you eat steak + potatoes because of the energy boost from the carbs in potatoes.
    6. Eat turkey. There's an enzyme in turkey that will probably make you drowsy. I've always been a bit drowsy after eating turkey, but that might just be me.

Pretty much the technique is to rob your body of anything that will give it energy. As long as your body has spare energy it'll make you feel perky.

Last, but not least, see a doctor. This is either a behavioral problem, and possibly dietary, or it's far more serious than that.
  8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Chocolate Overdose*

*nice bandname btw
  9. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    You're going to die
  10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i agree with this one...

also my magic eight ball said "outlook not good"
  11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    run around as fast as you can, and then head straight for a wall.

you'll sleep.
  12. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Hmm... You live in my neighborhood... Need help? :D

I bet if you were to kick back in bed, actually close your eyes, and rest for ten minutes you would be out like a light.
  13. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    Try Benadryl. And talk to a doctor.
  14. really? mine keeped saying "Ask again later"

Maybe you should go to a sleep center...
  15. I wouldn't know, I killed mine in an underwear thread.
  16. Might I suggest masterbation?
  17. I was just about to say that...

ok, maybe i wasn't
  18. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    a lil while after i posted this i slept for a few hours. i think im ok now, i just have to get a normal sleeping pattern
  19. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000

it's called "talkbassotherapy"
  20. It's the cure for the common cold!