1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Whats wrong with my pickup?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BrandonBass, Jan 6, 2007.

1. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    I just bought this tbird(dual humbuckers) and it keeps giving high pitched feedback whenever i turn the volume up in a jamming studio. And only in jamming studios...ive been to 2 so far and i keep gettin heavy squels until i move at least 2meters away from amp

what puzzles me if that even if i crank the gain and volume knob at my practise amp or the ones at guitar center, its still dead silent. anyone knows the reason?

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

Don't know the tech side of microphonics but sounds like to me you've just ruled out the bass as the source and pointed in the direction of the amp. So this may be an amp question not pups. What does the same amp do with another bass/guitar? Does changing the guitar chord or location of play (ie. different room of the house/different building) make any difference? May be an environmental thing.

3. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    This is puzzling me too, theres no feedback when i used another bass on both occasions...

so its like

home - silent
    guitar center - silent
    guitar center2 - silent
    studio 1 - feedback
    studio 2- feedback

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Not sure how but I managed to miss the jam'n studio part. I was thinking you had two different amps and it only did it through one.

Anyway, I would look for something that's common in both studio's besides your bass. If you wanted to go to the hassle you probably just start disconnecting stuff one at a time or if the stuffs brought in just show up early and see if it does it beforehand or whenever someones show up and fires up. Could be anything.

5. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    the only difference when we're in studio is that its in an enclosed area....:-/

6. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    and yeah, the amps in the studios are pretty big too, but so was the one in the guitar center...anyone know of similar experience?

btw i cant pot my PU according to the luthier...because its a covered humbucker he said?

7. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    New phrase to me but the implication is you can't easily open it up. A lot of the old Gibsons had solder points that held metal covers on so you just need a solder gun to pop it off but since the issue occurs in an exceptional situation to me it's not a bass problem.

Any computer screens running in these sutdios?